NAMM 2018 Is Here!
It’s here again. The National Association of Music Merchants (N.A.M.M) holds conventions to showcase the latest trends, innovations, and fascinating discoveries related to the world of music and multimedia. I attended last year and it was certainly a sight to behold! N.A.M.M. is even bigger this year, as A.E.S. has folded into the convention.
Last year I managed to visit quite a few booths and exhibits as well as attend some of the TEC panels and seminars in the upper show rooms.
What I’m looking forward to this year:
- 10am-11am – (Hall B Lobby): Policy Roundtable: Intellectual Property (IP) Scenarios
- 11am-12pm – IK Multimedia – Booth #17206: T-RackS 5 with Dave Pensado
- 6pm-10pm – Hybrid Studios Happy Hour 2018 (offsite, registration required)
- 2pm-3pm – Palos Verdes A (Level 4), Anaheim Hilton: Studio Academy A: Professional Effects with Eventide –
- 5pm-7pm – ACC North, Level 2: AES@NAMM Sunset Reception
Last year was pretty intense for my first time attending. NAMM’s free app on Google Play impressed me, they packed it with a ton of features. Most importantly, there’s a map provided to show you where panels and exhibits will be located! If you’re a veteran who’s already wielded the app before, it’s great to know that they’ve connected the app to Social Media platforms so you can link up with other NAMM-goers and easily get or stay in touch right from the app itself.
I’m already using the app to plan out which panels I want to attend, and it is smart enough to inform you when you’ve selected more than one panel that’s occurring at the same time on the same day.
Outside of the few key things lined up that I really want to attend, I’m just going to keep it loose and roam the floor. If you’d like to catch up and chat, feel free to reach out to me directly: (209)603-4004.
Are you attending? Feel free to comment below and let me know what you think about N.A.M.M. I’d love to know the good and the bad!