Are you going to N.A.M.M 2017?
Every year, the National Association of Music Merchants (N.A.M.M) holds conventions to showcase the latest trends, innovations, and fascinating discoveries related to the world of music and multimedia. I’m finally getting to attend and have been planning my trip out. N.A.M.M. is huge, and there’s a plethora of events going on each and every day – from concerts, to panels.
I can only attend the weekend, so I’m trying to make the most of my time. There are a lot of panel sessions of interest to me in the TEC Tracks Sessions section of the education department on the website. Both Saturday and Sunday have a number of panels I’ve researched that I might attend in addition to the show floor.
- 2pm-3pm – The Forum (203 A-B): Engineers Forum
- 4pm-5pm – Masterclass (202 A): Studio Design for Immersive Audio
- 5pm-6pm – TEC Lab (202 B): Mastering Audio for the World Market
- 11am-12pm – TEC Lab (202 B): Still Blurry – the Changing Landscape of Copyright Law
- 12pm-1pm – The Forum (203 A-B): Making Money Making Music
- 1pm-2pm – The Forum (203 A-B): The Sessions Part 1 – Career Advice from Industry Artists & Pros
- 2pm-3pm – The Forum (203 A-B): The Sessions Part 2 – The Path to Success in Today’s Music Industry
- 3pm-4pm – The Forum (203 A-B): Social Media on Steroids – Strategies That Work
Being as this will be my first time attending, I was surprised to find a free app on Google Play that Namm provides. It’s actually quite impressive and packed with a ton of features. Most importantly, there’s a map provided to show you where panels and exhibits will be located! If you’re a veteran who’s already wielded the app before, it’s great to know that they’ve connected the app to Social Media platforms so you can link up with other NAMM-goers and easily get or stay in touch right from the app itself.
I’m already using the app to plan out which panels I want to attend, and it is smart enough to inform you when you’ve selected more than one panel that’s occurring at the same time on the same day.
With N.A.M.M. 2017 just over a week away, i’m anxious to see what unfolds. Are you attending? Feel free to comment below and let me know what you think about N.A.M.M. I’d love to know the good and the bad!